8 Reasons Why I'm in Love with London and Paris

Recently, I just came back from London and Paris with my family and absolutely fell in love with the two cities. In my 10 days there, we walked about 10-12 miles daily (mainly due to being lost in Paris and really wishing I studied French in high school now..) Everywhere I looked it was breathtaking, and I couldn't stop admiring the beauty of the two cities. London and Paris are obviously different and magnificent for a multitude of reasons, but if I had to narrow down to a few reasons why I'm in complete awe, these would be it. 


1. The Architecture
I absolutely adore walking around and looking at the gorgeous architecture everywhere. It wasn't just the tourist attractions that were stunning. The apartments, restaurants, cafes, and shops all have such an old-world style that I really admire. I'm honestly not a fan of walking but the architecture made it 10 times more enjoyable and completely worth the sore feet. 
2. The History 
I'm easily captivated by museums and palaces because there's an insane amount of history within those walls. My favorite places were Palace of Versailles, the Louvre, Windsor Castle and Tower of London. Seriously, Versailles and Windsor Castle was filled with so much gold, and I could be touring those attractions for hours if I wanted to. Just simply stunning to witness and absorb all the royal beauty. Even if you don't visit a museum or palace while in London and Paris, everywhere you look tells a story. 
 3. Sweets / Desserts
Even though I don't have the biggest sugar craving, who doesn't love macaroons, chocolate, and simply anything with sweets? As I make my way into Paris, one of the first stops had to be Laduree as they're infamously known for their decadent macaroons and their beautifully decorated restaurant. This city is definitely sugar heaven as they take their desserts pretty seriously, and I have to say after munching on several of these yummy macaroons, Laduree certainly delivers. 
4. Patio Views 
Every time, I looked out of the window of my hotel, it was always a stunning view. What an amazing way to wake up every morning and see so much beauty in the streets. Although skies are mostly gloomy, the architecture combined with the elegant decor of the patio simply brightens it up. 
5. Cuisine 
I'm not the biggest fan of London food, but in Paris the cuisine was really divine. I found the flavors to be incredibly rich and tasty. We ate a ton of croissants and mussels while in Paris, and I do recommend fine dining at least once as a ton of restaurants take the experience to a whole new level. 
6. Coffee 
I'm a big coffee fan and probably drank at least 1-2 cups daily while on this trip. Although I don't drink hot chocolate often, I do appreciate a delicious and well-made cup! Angelina's in Paris is known to make the best hot chocolate, so of course I had to pay visit and check it out for myself. I tried their latte and hot chocolate, which were both very tasty and came in the cutest jug. The hot chocolate I must warn is extremely rich and recommend to share with 1-3 people as the serving is abundant. In addition to the delicious drinks, the cafes are always incredibly charming. Angelina's as pictured below looks like it came straight out of a 1920s classical fairytale. 
7. The Romanticism of the Cities 
Both cities, especially Paris simply oozes romance. There's so much charm everywhere you look, and as a hopeless romantic, I just can't get enough of this. I always wondered why Paris was called the city of love, and after experiencing it first hand, this would definitely be a dream place to be with your significant other. While exploring Montmarte in Paris, we stumbled upon the wall of love which featured hundreds of "I love you"s in different languages. It was utterly sweet and what an amazing discover this was. 
8. Colorful Homes
The houses and apartments in London and Paris are incredibly charming and adorable. Both have such a regal and elegant feel to it. I find myself daydreaming of living there so many times. I really enjoyed strolling around Notting Hill in the colorful streams of shops and homes in the neighborhood. Simply feels as if I plucked myself into a fairytale book. 


4 comments

  1. I LOVE both Paris and London! The photos are lovely and you are super pretty! :) x
    Helena – Swedish girl in Tokyo
    http://www.ilenczfalva.com/
    https://www.instagram.com/helena_de_ilenczfalva/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love London...but I have yet to travel to Paris. Your pictures are beautiful.
    XO,
    Anna
    www.blushingrosestyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Omg I couldn't agree more. I feel the same way about both cities. Your photos are so good!! Loved reading and following along :)

    Gunjan | www.songbirdechoes.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. So gorgeous!!

    I spend a summer in Paris a few years ago and I am dying to go back!!

    XO,
    Jen
    www.jenzeanodesigns.com

    ReplyDelete