Best Oscar Looks + Weekend Recap


As Hollywood's most glamorous night of the year, you know I absolutely could not miss the red carpet. I'm probably one of the few that tunes in to only see the fashion more so than the awards being presented. Overall, it was pretty entertaining and our viewing party felt more like it was a Super Bowl than an awards show haha (Go Leo!) 
Not going to lie, I was kind of underwhelmed by this year's looks. Didn't feel like the gowns were jaw dropping or inventive as much. Nevertheless, everyone looked stunning and the dresses that I loved did sweep me away in complete awe.

From Brie Larson in a gorgeous rich shade of cobalt blue to Olivia Wilde beautifully cascading in white like an angel (and did you check out the back detailing, literally looks like wings!) Oh and did you check out Charlize Theron? As simple as that dress is, she can do no wrong and looks absolutely ravishing in red. I also really adored Priyanka Chopra's dress as white lace always looks amazing no matter what and the details create such elegance to the style. My favorite look of the night, however, would have to be Cate Blanchett. Normally, I would never wear something like that, but she looks so exquisite in that color and the texture of that dress - such a gorgeous way to bring the florals to life. Cate deserves an Oscar alone, just for looking so magnificent and flawless in that dress!

How was everyone's weekend, and did you tune into the Oscars? 

Check out below a quick round up of what I've been up to the past couple of days! From taking my pup to the Santa Monica beach to Sunday brunches, my life is pretty basic haha but it's these simple things that keep me happy :) 

Hope you guys have an amazing start to the week! 


7 comments

  1. For me, for the past few years, Oscar red carpet wasn't so great. But, one woman that is winning it every year is Charlize Theron. She is always so classy and elegant. This year, Lady Gaga, Olivia Munn and Louise Roe were great too.
    I love siple and minimalistic dresses but honestly, I miss those diva-like moments. Elie Saab, Zuhair Murad and Ralph and Russo were highly missed on the red carpet....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all your picks, except I loved Brie Larson's afterparty dress better. And Diane Kruger's afterparty dress was to die for too as well as Priyanka Chopra's and Rachel McAdams's. I also loved JLaw's Oscar's dress and Saorise Ronan's emerald number.

    xx Yasmin
    http://banglesandbungalows.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous dresses! x

    http://violettedaily.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think Olivia Wilde took the cake!
    xo, jill
    www.BornFancy.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loving your faves from the Oscars!! Also, super cute weekend snaps!!


    Amber
    All the Cute
    Today's Post: On Pointe...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love all the picks, they are beautiful and so lovely.

    Lily Widjaja
    www.Glowlicious.Me | Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete