Hourglass Vanish Foundation Review


I've always been a fan of the Hourglass brand especially their iconic highlighters, so when Influenster offered to send me their new Vanish Foundation to try out I was completely ecstatic. 
I honestly didn't have any preconceived notions of how this foundation would perform since it was my first time using a stick applicator. Generally, I wear liquid and powder foundation for medium coverage, so the stick foundation was an entirely new concept for me. I've been using the Vanish foundation every single day for the past two weeks, and I must say I'm very impressed with the product.
When it comes to foundations, I can be quite picky about the application process and need it to be an easy routine. For example, I'm not a fan of those liquid foundation bottles that make you pour on your hand then dab for application versus pumping it out instead. That can get messy. It isn't easy if I'm constantly on the go and need to re-touch on the road. However, for the Vanish foundation in particular I love the ease of it. Such a portable product that also comes with a super soft brush for a messy-free and smooth application. The product is very sleek and not bulky at all making it so easy to fit in your purse or cosmetic bag. Hourglass always does a great job of packaging, so I was very happy about that. Overall, wearing this foundation for the past two weeks I find it to be an extremely convenient in terms of application and love the long-lasting wear of the foundation. Yes, most foundation doesn't last all day but it has a pretty strong staying power and would only need a few touch ups if you're constantly touching your face like I do at work. 

When I run out of this foundation, it's definitely going to be added on my shopping cart because it's completely worth the price and fits into my everyday lifestyle. 

PROS
+ Compact and easy for travel purposes
+ Lasts for 7+ hours
+ Foundation comes in various shades - at least 25+ options 
+ Medium-high coverage 
+ Lightweight 
+ Very easy to blend 
+ Does not feel oily 
+ Sleek and beautiful packaging 

CONS
+ Quite pricey - valued at $46 (the brush is not included w/ the foundation stick)
+ Works well for me b/c I have normal to oily skin, but for those w/ dry skin might experiment a different effect

Have you tried the foundation before? If not, what's your favorite at the moment?  

No comments

Post a Comment