Leather and Sequins


Now at first glance you may think it's a top, but it's actually the same dress from my New Year's Even look. I knew when purchasing this statement dress means I have to get creative and style it in different ways to make the most out of what would normally be considered a "one time dress".

In my New Year's eve look, the dress was styled to have a cozy luxe vibe. In today's outfit, I wanted to keep the casual tone but add a playful, edgy element with the leather skirt. It creates a nice contrast to the sparkly and girly top. The heels remained the same in this look, because well...why not? :) The pair complements the top so well and I couldn't think of a better match with this skirt. 

Coming soon in my next post, I'm going to share some easy techniques to mix and match your wardrobe pieces, similar to how I did here with the dress by creating two separate looks. Stay tuned!



Outfit Details

18 comments

  1. OMG! I love this feminine look with an edgy touch with the leather skirt. Love love!

    xo,
    Abby of Life in the Fash Lane

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful!! Hope you’ll stop by my blog for the latest post!

    <a href="http://loveolia.com”>Love, Olia</a>

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love how you styled it! Such a great way to get creative with your piece.

    Amy Ann
    Straight A Style

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that you reworked the dress to be a top here! Perfectly styled!
    xo Adri
    www.adrilately.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so cute! You have great style girl! Xo, Ellese

    Rock.Paper.Glam.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're so right Pear - I totally thought it was a top! Those details are SO gorgeous, and love how you paired it with those heels!

    Chelsea
    Chow Down USA
    Insta

    ReplyDelete
  8. Leather, sequins, and studs are such a perfect combo! Hugs, Kait
    http://makeminemaroon.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Babe! Such a doll!

    God bless,

    XO, Claire

    Http://www.littlemissfashionqueen.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. The embellished tank is gorgeous, and I such a fan of those pumps! The contrast with the leather skirt works really well here.
    Chic on the Cheap

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love that you got creative and wore that dress as a top! This outfit is so cute! I love the mix of girly and edgy elements.

    -Helen
    Sweet Helen Grace

    ReplyDelete
  12. Woah, you look so pretty ♥

    tipscapsule.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete