Colorful Fall Days


Ever since the midriff trend came back, I've hesitated to cave in to that style - mainly due to my own insecurities of showing my skin especially where I'm most self conscious. Eventually, I pushed my silly beliefs aside and made an effort to give it a shot. After all, isn't that is what fashion is all about? Making it your own and adapting to your unique body type to make you feel & look amazing. 
By honing different styling techniques, I was able achieve the look that I wanted while still feeling comfortable with the amount of midriff showing! 
If you're just like me and hesitant to show off a ton of your stomach area, then style a crop tie top (this mustard colored floral piece is by Irene's Story) with a high-waisted skirt. When you tie the top the rest of the fabric will dangle strategically right in the middle of your midsection, so it provides coverage but still gives off that crop top style. 

I hope this post inspires you to experiment with different styles (even if you second guess yourself) and just give it a shot. Anything is possible with fashion. It's definitely all about how you make it your own. 

9 comments

  1. I love this look, the top is everything!!
    http://sepatuholig.blogspot.co.id/
    IG @grace_njio

    ReplyDelete
  2. The miniskirt works so well with that top!! xx
    www.bonjourchiara.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! They definitely do pair well together :)

      Delete
  3. Great style, and photos!

    -Racquel
    www.purposely-you.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so obsessed with this shirt!!
    www.kmeetsstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Carolyn! It's definitely one of my favorite bags for this season.

    XO

    ReplyDelete