Sephora Haul

These past several weeks, I purchased a couple of beauty items from Sephora. It is without a doubt one of my favorite stores, and I always feel like a kid in a candy shop in there. Sometimes, I walk into the store with the intention of buying ONE beauty product, but walk out with way more stuff in my shopping bag (oops! sorry, I'm not sorry). Does that ever happen to you?

Anyways, I want to share with you everything I got from Sephora and also provide a short review of each one. Given that I've already started using these products for about 2-3 weeks now, I can tell which ones are a hit or miss for me so far.


Sephora Nail Polish Remover ($9.50) - Whoever invented this, is genius! If you've never seen this type of remover before, it's basically a sponge in a bottle and when you stick your nails in for a couple of seconds the polish immediately washes away. I think this products work way better than the drugstore nail polish removers/ wipes, and I can't believe I'm so late in discovering it! I also like how compact and travel friendly it is as well. 

Sephora Waterproof Eye Makeup Remover ($9.50) - I purchased this eye makeup remover, because my Clinique bottle ran out, and as much as I love it, I wanted to try a cheaper alternative. I think this Sephora brand works just as great as Clinique. It does a pretty good job of removing 90% of my eye makeup. The tough part is always the mascara. 

Anastasia Contour Kit ($40) - This palette was one of the most anticipated releases for me. I saw the teaser pictures on Anastasia's Instagram for months, and heard it had amazing reviews. I'm still experimenting with the palette , but so far I think the pigmentation is beautiful, and the shades are perfect for any skin tone. Stay tuned for a full review coming up!

Make Up Forever HD Pressed Powder .07 ($22) - I am kind of disappointed in this pressed powder, because it claims that it reduces shine and slightly mattifies skin, but fails to do so. It ended up leaving a white cast on my face, and after about 4 hours, my face looked very oily. Good thing I didn't invest in the bigger size for $36, although this smaller version is still on the pricey side too. 

 Glam Glow Mud Mask .05 oz ($19) - Now I'm sure most of you have heard about this product. If you're an avid Youtube like myself, you noticed it's been raved and loved by many gurus. The first time I tried it was about 2 months ago, and it felt great on my skin. Then I decided to buy it, but about 30 seconds after I applied the mud mask on my skin, it burned so badly! Even though I already tried out the product beforehand, I should have still tested a small sample first, because this time around my skin was not a fan, and I was in major pain. I do have sensitive skin, but rarely have negative reactions with skincare products, so this was a first.

Nars Creamy Concealer ($29) - To be honest, the first couple of days, I wasn't impressed with this concealer. I thought the consistency wasn't special and it did an okay job. However, I started using the concealer consistently everyday to cover up my under eye circles and redness around my nose. After a couple of weeks of using it, I started like the concealer more, and think it is a great product. I do like the creamy texture, and it blends well with my skin tone. It also does a good job of making me look more awake in the morning.

I earned the 500 Point Perk from being a Sephora VIB member, which was an awesome set. It's a lot smaller in size than I imagine, but it's still a decent amount of product in each item. 

Nars Satin Lip Pencil in Rikugien - This is a gorgeous rosey pink color with a frosted finish. It has a creamy texture and feels very soft and velvety on my lips. The color is quite pigmented and has pretty good staying power. 
Nars Eye Larger Than Life Long-Wear Liner in Black - I've tried many pencil liners that tend to smear or wear off very quickly, especially when applied on my water line. This liner is a very smooth and rich black color, but unfortunately I didn't have much luck in terms of the staying power. I think it's still a pretty good product and I still plan to use it daily. I would just need to touch up and reapply every 3-4 hours. 
Nars Blush in Deep Throat - This is a beautiful coral/peachy blush with a slight shimmer-sheen. It's a warm color that looks great for everyday, so you can use it for a soft glow during the daytime, and later build up the color for a bold evening look. 

Have you tried any of these items before? If so, I would love to hear your opinions on it!


xo, Pear

2 comments

  1. I want the contour kit SO bad and am dying to get my hands on it! :)

    Anne-Marie

    www.beautybooklove.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Anastasia contour kit is first on my wishlist this month - I'm dying to try it! I've heard only good things!
    Shame about the glamglow mask though - it's supposed to be amazing so that's disappointing. Great post! X

    nicsbeautyfix.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete